Monday, March 11, 2013

Culinary Treats

We got home a bit ago from worship band practice. Our electric guitar player was sharing with us what his six-year old grandson said to him while they were on a hike. The grandfather offered his grandson some trail mix as they took a break. The grandson held out his bag of marshmallows and said, "No thank you, but would you like one of my culinary treats?" Too funny!

I thought I would share a new "culinary treat" with you! Thanks to Pinterest, of course.

Do you like Reese's Cups?

Wait. Does anybody not like Reese's Cups?



This recipe was super easy, and I already had most of the ingredients at home (considering there are only a few, that's not a huge accomplishment). Click here to find the recipe!

The quick version: mix peanut butter, confectioner's sugar, butter (lots...and lots...of butter!), and graham cracker crumbs together. Put it in a pan, melt chocolate chips and more peanut butter together, spread that on top and bam. Done. We put it in the refrigerator before dinner, went to practice, and cut in to it as a healthy (ha) snack around 9:30. Nothing wrong with that, right? Of course!

It doesn't taste 100% like a Reese's Cup, but you obviously can't go wrong with chocolate and peanut butter.

In other news, I slept through my alarm this morning. Again. It's becoming a weekly thing for me - the pretty little song on my iPhone that used to wake me up has not quite been doing its job as of late. I'm afraid I'm going to have to upgrade to my grown-up alarm clock, lovingly known as the "honk clock." Seriously, this thing is gross. Pray for me and my morning tomorrow. :P

3 comments:

  1. I would say that this sounds glorious. But alas, if I were to consume such an item, I would die.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glorious is accurate. Jared threw around the word "divine" as well. :) I would hate for you to die - maybe start with a small piece?

      Delete
  2. alas, even a small piece would be the cause of my demise. I al highly allergic to peanuts. haha

    ReplyDelete