Thursday, February 23, 2012

Quote of the Day - Rewind

At the advice of another blogger/wonderful mom of a student I had last year, I've gone back into the recesses of my Facebook to find funny student quotes from way back when I started teaching. Or...two Augusts ago. Either way, I hope you enjoy!

August 31, 2010
We're writing autobiographies and one boy was writing about his 4th grade experience thus far: "My teacher is Miss Coney. She is very nice and just graduated from the Appalachian mountains."

October 26, 2010
Today, one of my girls showed me what she had been working on during writing. What was it? A love poem. About a boy in my class. And about how "he's as cute as a puppy." Ooh gosh.

January 18, 2011
I called one of my students "friend" today. He said, "I'm not your friend, Miss Coney. I'm your BEST friend." Hahaa aww.

January 27, 2011
One of my kids informed me today that he would never marry a teacher. His reason: "she would make me do all her work!" hahaha
*warning to Jared!*

February 14, 2011
A Valentine's day poem written by a student: Valentine's day makes me sad, not having a girlfriend makes me mad...hahaha

March 24, 2011
More 4th grade wisdom: "Miss Coney, you need to get married and have 20 kids. Then you won't have to pay taxes!" I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner... :)

March 29, 2011
"I never thought I would be doing the chicken dance with my teacher!"

May 2, 2011
According to some of my students, there are two reasons that I could/should be a mother: 1. I am old enough, and 2. I am pretty enough.

October 24, 2011
Things my student remembered/announced today about Jared after seeing him at her soccer game with me Saturday: "He looks nothing like Miss Coney...and he has a BEARD."

February 1, 2012
Top two quotes of the day:
1. "Miss Coney, sometimes I feel like you're my mom."
2. "Miss Coney, you're really pretty and I didn't do my homework."

February 7, 2012
Today's educational conversation: A student said, "If you were born in 1987, you would be like, 45!" I told them I was born in 1988 and I'm only 23, and someone said, "but you look like you're 14!" And another - "no, she looks about 37."

For some reason, I never posted one of the top quotes of the year...it was one of the first days of school!
A boy came up to me and quietly stated that he had a secret. I said okay, and asked what it was.
"Miss Coney. I...am...a...dragon."
I said "okay," and he went back to his desk.

This is why I love my job. :)

1 comment: