Saturday, February 25, 2012

Wedding Preview!


It's an exciting time of year - we're working hard in the last half of the school year, spring break is approaching in a little more than a month, and Jared and I are planning our wedding! He was thoughtful enough to propose on Christmas day, allowing me an entire week off of school to get a jump start on wedding plans. Without that week, we probably wouldn't be as far along as we are on plans. So thanks, fiance :)

What's that? You want an overview of our wedding plans? Well since you asked...

Photographer: Jessica Marie Photography
I am so glad that we picked Jessica to be our photographer! She is from Mocksville and is so talented and a ton of fun to work with. We have already had our engagement shoot and Jared and I are both incredibly happy with the pictures that we have seen so far. Here are a few of my favorites!



Wedding Date: July 28th!

Location: First Baptist Welcome

Colors: Canary yellow and gray!

My wedding dress:


...except it looks nothing like that. I did, however, get my wedding dress for good last night! I picked it out at the beginning of January (it was the third one I tried on...I fell in love immediately!), got fitted for alterations a few weeks later, and went again last night for my final fitting. The wonderful Teenia Harmon and Heather Lancaster went along for the ride so that they could learn how to bustle my dress...it was quite the lesson! But the dress fits wonderfully and it's just perfect. I can't wait!

Decorations: Pinterest.
Need I say more?

Bridal Shower: June 16th!
I have an incredibly on-the-ball maid of honor (thanks, Teenia!) and wonderful friends that are already planning one of my showers. It'll be at FBCW on the 16th, so put it on your calendar and go ahead and buy a present if you want...

Honeymoon: Luray, Virginia
Jared and I got on the ball with this one. We planned all along to go visit a mountain cabin for a week. As we started looking around at locations back in January, we realized how quickly the summer reservations were getting snatched up. I guess people like to plan their summer vacations early - can't blame them! So, we found a cabin in a nice part of Virginia. We'll be near some fun touristy attractions and Shenandoah National Park. Here are a couple pictures!

The outside of the cabin



The view!

I am super excited to keep moving along with these plans. Lucky for me, Jared is a great fiance that is doing everything he can to help me with plans along the way. I am loving being girly about everything, and he's doing a great job of enduring the squeals that happen when I'm around basically any female that mentions the word "wedding."

I'm so blessed! :)

1 comment: