Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Muffins and Explosions

This morning, one of my sweet students brought in and set this bag on my desk.


"Mom made chocolate chip muffins!"
Good morning to me...bless her heart :)
It was delicious!
And see that bright light coming in? I almost forgot what it was...but the sun actually came out for a little while today! So exciting.

We came upon snack time, and it is not uncommon for a student to ask me to open something: a bag of gummies, a package of string cheese, or in today's case, one of those bottles of drinkable yogurt (foil lids are especially tricky for my students...and for their teacher). A girl came over and said, "Mrs. Blair, can you open this?" and handed me her bottle of yogurt. "Sure!" I said, and started peeling the long edge of it. The second my fingers made contact with the foil, my student unexpectedly dropped to the floor on the other side of my desk. 

I stopped and said, "Are you okay?!"
She stood up and, very seriously, informed me, "they always explode when you open them." 
We cracked up. It was the funniest thing that happened today!

I'm super excited about this weekend. Jared and I are going to become official Wilkes County residents as we attend the Brushy Mountain Apple Festival. I'm excited to see the fall crafts, and to eat a lot of tasty food. I also have a couple students that will be dancing with their dance class that I will get to watch! Our families are coming up to join too, so it'll be a fun fall-y weekend :) 

If you're reading this and you've ever been to the Apple Festival, let us know what we should be on the lookout for on Saturday!






No comments:

Post a Comment