Monday, October 1, 2012

Hot Chocolate!

Today was one of those beautiful, crisp, sunny fall days.

Oh wait, no it wasn't.

It was cloudy all day and misted all day long...the nasty kind of rain! It was pretty in a weird way, and it made it feel like it really is fall (or winter, but who's counting?). I think it was about 60 degrees here today, too, which made it pretty chilly!

It was a nice calm Monday and we had a lot of fun. We stayed on schedule for the entire day, even going ahead of schedule for part of the day! That's almost unheard of, with the way that we enjoy having discussions. We were also kind of sleepy today...maybe too sleepy to discuss things. Either way, it was a great Monday! Our P.E. teacher had to leave early to drive the volleyball team to their game, so he let me take my class to the gym to play for the last half hour of the day. Always a fun time!

There is a large supply of basketballs in the gym, so each student had one, and I grabbed one, too. We weren't actually playing basketball, just shooting around. Nonetheless, every time I shot, before I could get the rebound, one of my students kept taking my ball and running with it.

I was joking around with him and I said, "You keep taking my ball!"

"...Mrs. Blair. That's kind of the point of basketball, isn't it?"

Fair enough!

We went back to the classroom and dismissed. Car line moved fast today, but it felt like we were out there for a long time, "because it's so cold!" one of the fifth graders said. He was right...it was chilly, almost to the runny nose kind of chilly.

A minivan pulled out of the line and parked, handing one of the teachers a tray of drinks through the window. It was our PTF (like the PTO) president, who had brought each of us car line ladies a cup of Dunkin Donuts hot chocolate! It was such a blessing and warmed me up right away. She tends to do that on the cold, snot-freezing-to-your-nose kind of days, I was told. She's so sweet...God has given me such a wonderful school to teach in!

heaven in a cup!

Jared and I ventured out in the mess to Walmart tonight. We've gone a week or two without going, and we just missed it so much, my heart was hurting...except not at all. I got an itch to be crafty, so Jared said, "let's go!" We found a plain straw wreath and some fabric that I liked...Pinterest and I are going to attempt our first wreath, one that will hopefully look fall-like if it all works out. We shall see!

Leaving Walmart, we were putting our bags in the trunk and Jared started to take the cart ("buggy," now that I'm a Wilkesboro-ian) back to the cart return and he said, "oh I'll just park it there," and he pointed to a cart that was pushed up against the median. He was just kidding. He took the cart to the cart return, literally just steps in the other direction, and I stood by myself in the parking lot and laughed like a fool. 

And then I took a picture.


Odds are you don't find that as funny as I did, but seriously. Lazy! Cracks me up.

My wreath and I are about to get to work...let's hope I have a good report for you later about it!

The beginning:
Straw wreath and some autumnal (? ha!) fabrics!




No comments:

Post a Comment