Monday, January 14, 2013

2 Thumbs Up!

Jared laughed at my thumbs at dinner tonight, because they curve back when I do a thumbs-up sign. His go straight up in the air...what a weirdo ;) Somewhere in the recesses of my mind I recall a biology lesson about thumbs and genetics. But let's be honest, that was high school.

Anyways, I was doing a thumbs-up because I was enjoying my dessert. I wanted to share with you a couple of quick and easy recipes that I tried this afternoon!

First, I made pretzel (just had to spell that word three times...seriously) s'mores!
http://www.lovefromtheoven.com/2011/07/21/pretzel-smores/

I'll be honest and say mine turned out nowhere near as pretty as the talented blog lady's look (pictured below). But they were pretty tasty, and I highly recommend them if you're a fan of the salty/sweet combo like I am! They were super easy to make...put a marshmallow and chocolate piece (I used Hershey's, of course!) on one pretzel, microwave it and make it melty, and then add the other pretzel to make a s'more! I put them in the freezer for a few minutes while I melted baking chocolate, and dipped it in there once they had firmed up a little.

They're also Jared-approved!




The second thing I made was homemade fruit gummy snacks.

I might be 24 years old, but I have a snack diet that closely resembles that of a nine-year old.
I know this because I snack with nine-year old kids every day...I don't mind if you judge me.

They were super easy to make, too! You just heat 2 packs of unflavored gelatin and a Jello mix (I picked grape, of course!) and a little water over medium heat and stir it all until it dissolves. Then you pour it into a form of some sort and let it sit for a while. They ended up super gummy and pretty tasty, I thought! I don't have any cutesy candy forms, so I just partially filled up an ice-cube tray. The candy forms would definitely make the snacks more cute compared to my rectangular ones. If you (or your children) like fruit snacks, I would highly recommend these. They are surely less expensive than buying name brand gummies from the grocery store. Just a recipe for you to tuck away if you have a few minutes to try something new!


In case you're wondering, these were Jared-approved, too. Thus, the two-thumbs up! I hope everyone enjoyed their rainy Monday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment