Monday, January 28, 2013

2-Hour Delays and Dolphins

I woke up this morning to a 2-hour delay phone call! I'll take an extra couple hours of sleep anytime I can ;) It made the day fly by, too. I told the kids to pack up and they said, "I thought it was still morning!" Perhaps an exaggeration, but I understood.

Jared and I have been married 6 months as of today! I really feel like we got married last week. We've learned so much and grown so much over the past half year. I know 6 months is nothing compared to people that have been married 50 or 60 years, but to newlyweds, it's forever! :) I came home and Jared had assembled an over the toilet shelf thing that we bought for "my" bathroom yesterday. How romantic.

This! Just 6 months ago!


In other news, the internet strikes again. Our reading story today compared and contrasted different types of animals that we often think of as exactly the same, for example: ducks and geese, monkeys and chimps, toads and frogs. The lesson of the story was that God created each of us to be different, even if we may be very similar to one of our friends. 

The last comparison in the text was dolphins and porpoises (correct plural form of porpoise?). It mentioned how their snouts are different lengths, but the book only pictured a dolphin. I did a Google search - with the projector on "hidden" mode for safety purposes, of course - and brought up some porpoise pictures so that we could compare. Then just for kicks, I searched for dolphin pictures because several of my students really like dolphins. On ask.com, this was the second result listed, after a fetching 90's-era screen-printed denim shirt:


Because I searched dolphin.

Right.

We died laughing. It came from this website, a very clever advertisement telling you that if you saw anything other than two dolphins in the picture, you didn't pass the stress test and you needed to go stay in their tropical resort in Puerto Rico. I said, "I guess we failed the stress test," and another student said, "Do we get to stay for free?"

I wish! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment