Saturday, January 26, 2013

Snow days, Saturdays, and Craft Fails

I got the phone call Friday morning at 5:30 that school had been called off, and I was pretty surprised! I fell back asleep, and as Jared was leaving, he woke me up to say "bye" and told me that it was already snowing. Considering that things were already icing over, it was for the best that school was cancelled. I'll never complain about a snow day :)

I had a productive morning, doing stuff around the house, and then I got to work on finishing a crochet project yesterday afternoon. I was pretty happy with the way it turned out! However, it is a gift, so I can't quite share it yet. ;) I decided after dinner last night to find and start an easier crochet project, knowing that today was going to be a lazy Saturday and that I would need something to keep me occupied.

I found a pattern for a simple and cute hat, and thought it looked easy enough to try. Jared started up "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days" - see how much he loves me? - and we watched the movie as I crocheted along, not really paying attention to what I was doing. The movie ended and I started to think my hat was looking strangely big, but I figured I may as well finish it anyways.

I finished up my hat earlier today after Jared made us a tasty breakfast and we got some more stuff done around the house (side note: I have learned, as a homeowner/renter, there is always "stuff" to be done). I put it on, and all I could do was laugh. Perhaps I was distracted by the movie last night and followed the pattern wrong, or maybe I just made a mistake somewhere along the way...


But I think it's a little big! Hahaha Jared laughed too, and said it could be my Russian hat.

Oh well. I tried. And I have a big head, so this hat is really big!

That being said, if anybody has a really really big head, this hat is yours for the taking. Or perhaps you could turn it upside down and allow your small children or pets to sit in it. Ohhh goodness. I'm glad we can laugh at mistakes...what else are they good for? :)

Has anyone made a hat that ended up being more human-sized and less dinosaur head-sized? If you have a tried and true good old crocheted hat pattern that you can share with me, I would be forever grateful! If not, that's okay too, you can just laugh at the picture of me in my pink, blue, and purple Russian hat. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment