Saturday, August 18, 2012

More Wedding!

I saw a ton of cute bridesmaid gift ideas on Pinterest, but none of them really fit my taste. For instance, a box full of various types of alcohol...I didn't think that was quite our style :) So, I got off Pinterest and created my own!


I made each bridesmaid a "Bridesmaid Survival Kit!" I found the owl bags at Bath and Body Works near the cash register. I thought they were adorable, and they were a reasonable price. I bought the mini hand lotion from there, too. Everything else I found at Rite-Aid in either the travel or candy section!


This is the poem that I attached to each bag!


I also wrote each bridesmaids' first initial on the outside of the bag (the pictured bag has an "L," not a weird "I," haha). Sharpies are great!

I also gave each bridesmaid the jewelry that they would be wearing in the wedding. Teenia, Miss Maid of Honor, was a big help in the bracelet-making process! We made the bracelets by threading beads onto a string, sandwiching each bead between two ribbon folds. It was tedious at first, but we soon enough got the hang of it, and it was a fairly quick project. I made the earrings on another free summer afternoon that I had. Thank goodness I'm a teacher and have the summers off! I didn't have my bridesmaids buy all the same shoes or do their hair any certain way, so I thought matching jewelry would complete their outfits nicely!



While it may have been a tad time-consuming, it was so much fun making the survival kits and jewelry for my lovely bridesmaids. Those five girls were a huge help to me on our wedding day, and I thought they deserved a gift that would be helpful to them!

1 comment:

  1. I love that you did everything on your own! Your wedding was beautiful and it looks like you had so much fun planning and getting ready for it. So glad I could be there to celebrate with you!

    ReplyDelete