Thursday, September 6, 2012

A Forklift for Mrs. Blair

We went outside for recess today in between rain storms, and my students were worried for the sake of my khaki pants. The playground equipment was wet from the rain that had just ended, and I usually sit on part of the playground and watch them as they play. One of the girls said, "Mrs. Blair, you should have brought out a chair with you!" I said yeah, I probably should have.

Then one of the girls said, "No wait! You could just sit in that!" And she pointed to one of these on our playground:


What is that, exactly? Anyways!

I laughed and said, "Okay yeah! I'll just climb on up there."

And the few girls around me giggled and said, "We can just pick you up and toss you up there!"

And then another girl spoke up. "No, to get Mrs. Blair up there, we'd need one of those...forklift...things."






Nothing like fourth graders to raise your self-esteem! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment