Friday, September 21, 2012

Week in a Nutshell!

Another busy, great week! Jared and I had something to do every night this week, except last night. Weeks like this make me tired! It was a wonderful one, though, and it flew by. Jared's with the RA's (Royal Ambassadors, kind of like boy scouts, for you non-Baptists out there!) for a while this evening. They're having a campout tonight. Its a beautiful day in Wilkesboro, so I'm sure they'll enjoy it! I'm about to go shopping, which is always fun. Shopping in Wilkesboro isn't quite like shopping back in Winston, though...I miss Hanes Mall! :)

My kids were hilarious this week, as always. We learned about spiders on Wednesday during science and the kids (and I, I will admit) were pretty creeped out the whole time. A girl spoke up and said she was glad that they weren't spiders, or else I would be a giant and step on them. I told her she was probably right. Too funny!

In history, we've been talking about people coming to the New World. We discussed today how hard the trip would be from Europe to America on a tiny, dark boat, crammed up against other people. We also talked about how hard it would be to leave family members behind.

A boy went off on a 2 or 3 minute tangent during this particular discussion about how his parents say he's more like an adult than a child (true story) because he likes to watch the news and read the newspaper (I printed off a period table of elements for him earlier this week because he was asking me so many questions about the elements. Yay for curiosity!). He then went on to say when people get married, they expect it "to be perfect! But nothing can be perfect, because no one IS perfect. And you can't just ask for ANYTHING for Christmas because there is such a thing as a BUDGET, people! A BUDGET. You can't just spend money you don't have! And..." so on, so forth. It was hilarious. Kids were fist pumping and hallelujah-ing and amen-ing. These kids make me smile a lot!

Last night, I accomplished "counter-flossing," as Jared called it. He said he's adding it to his "list of things that only Beff can do." I saw a piece of pepper stuck between my teeth when I was making faces in the mirror (everyone does that, right?) so I flossed. Makes sense. I managed to floss the pepper under my gum above my front tooth, so when I smiled, you could see a big ole pepper flake under my gum.

Beautiful. How did I do it? Beats me!

I spent about 10 minutes trying to get it out, and then my wonderful husband performed a feat of dentistry and managed to poke it out. Haha thanks Jared! Who knows. I thought flossing was supposed to be helpful!

I'm so glad that tomorrow is the first official day of fall. I'm loving the weather up here, and the fact that I see mountains several times a day while driving around town! I can't wait until the leaves start changing. On that note, everyone on Facebook has been posting daily about pumpkin spice lattes. Because they encompass all that is fall. Apparently I'm missing out on something...I might be the only person on earth that hasn't been through a Starbucks drive through everyday for one!

And that's the end of my random brain spill. I hope you've all had a great week too! Happy weekend!!


No comments:

Post a Comment