Monday, September 24, 2012

...a weasel?

Today was a beautiful fall day! Cool breeze, warm sun, not a cloud in the sky as I looked towards the mountains...my ideal and perfect day.

For one particular student in my class, fall is not so beautiful and perfect. It's an allergy-ridden sneeze fest for him, and the sneezes and coughs were in full force today. Everyone said, "Oh it's beautiful! I love this weather!" except for him. He didn't complain; he's quite the trooper. He just sneezed his face off all day.

My students were packing up before P.E. and they were standing at their lockers. This boy had a coughing fit, and I asked him if he was okay.

One of the other boys piped up and said, "Yeah, he's...coughing up a weasel or something..."

The rest of the class and I collectively paused mid-whatever we were doing, squinted our eyes, and turned to look at this boy. He looked surprised, and maybe a little confused.

a weasel.

In fact, the class and I looked a lot like this little guy.

Once allergy boy got a grip on his coughing spell and could speak, he pushed up his glasses and said, "I think what he meant to say was that I'm wheezing. Wheezing...not weasel, wheezing..."

There was another pause, and we all cracked up. It was the hardest I had laughed all day! Even the boy who made the weasel comment laughed his head off. 

It was a great Monday, and so many funny things happened today, but I can't remember most of them. I tried to keep them in mind, but the weasel comment took the cake today. Hilarious!



No comments:

Post a Comment