Sunday, September 23, 2012

Extreme Makeover: Kids in Worship Room, Part 2

I had full intentions of posting this blog last night, but my laptop had different ideas! It has been giving me problems recently, partially because the battery is completely dead and very swollen. If the power cord comes out (which is very easy to do on a MacBook), the laptop turns itself off. Then, my power button stopped working, so I could only restart it by popping out the battery. And then, I couldn't keep the battery in! Once I got it in, my track pad wouldn't left click, only right click...which isn't the most helpful button ever. Jared searched Apple troubleshooting forums and found a guy with the same exact problem I was having, and he said it was due to a swollen battery. We figured that was probably part of it. So we popped the battery out, and she works like a charm now! As long as I keep it plugged in.

I have thousands of pictures on my laptop, and we plan on moving them to Jared's external hard drive soon in case my laptop gives out completely. I decided to go through and delete old pictures that I don't care to keep anymore. I deleted about a thousand of them, probably! Jared and I laughed at old pictures and I found so many ridiculous ones that I had taken and forgotten about. We're talking blackmail quality pictures. So if I've ever had my camera out around you...be careful. ;) Just kidding, just kidding. But really.

Jared and I painted for a few hours yesterday afternoon! The room is almost done :) Jared made a lot of progress on his own the past couple weeks during the work day.


Completed yellow wall!



Green wall with border left to paint


View from the green wall to the entry side of the room

Notice the entry room on the left side of the picture above? We're painting in there, too!


Getting fancy, adding stripes!

I worked in the entryway room while Jared finished up the green borders and touched up several other places in the room.






The walls inside the room are completely done now! All that's left to do is the tops of the walls in the entryway. My spaghetti arms were getting tired - painting on cement blocks is about the most difficult thing ever! We were also joined by a swarm of mosquitos. We probably have at least 20 bites between us! The spiders were there in their great multitudes yesterday, as well. I painted in the entryway on the ladder with a big one above my head, unknowingly, for quite a while. I was less excited about painting in the entryway once I spotted him. I'm positive he was staring at me the entered time I was on the ladder painting.

We had a couple science lessons on spiders this past week. Poor timing. 

After the painting is done, we need to figure out what to do for furniture, curtains, maybe some decorations, and possibly some flooring options. And Jared is in the process of designing a sign/logo for the kids' ministry...so much fun! Be in prayer for the children's ministry at Millers Creek Baptist as we prepare and start using this location, hopefully by the end of the month!



No comments:

Post a Comment